Wednesday 1 August 2012

Today's WitKey: Divine Patience

I have had a week from Heck! I wont hesitate to tell you. It is only wed and so far this week: my son's birthday party (scheduled for Saturday) has been cancelled because the venue is flooded out. After wanting a change in my life and deciding to dye my hair,I walk out of the salon with what must have been a mutant muppet hanging from my face (he is being amputated as I type to you) and on top of that I scrape the side of my car and my mirror backing out of the garage. Now, the people who knew me from the beginning of time think that by now someone has been cursed out. I am happy to report that nothing could be furthest from the truth.
I have learned in my 26 (plus some) years that the person you are yelling at is probably not the point of your frustration. And to the tell the truth as mad as I should be; I'm not. I know it's a scary thing and someone should probably have the military on speed-dial but I feel nothing. I don't know if I have suddenly been blessed with the patience that I have prayed so long for or I am just numb.
What do I mean by numb? Well I believe that every person gets to the point when they have so little energy they conserve it. Therefore, you get to the point where what used to be a big deal is no longer worth the energy. I believe this is what occurs when we get passed our 50's as well. Everything in life becomes "okay" i.e. " I am sorry that your son's party is cancelled and you will have to wait till the insurance claims comes through to get your refund" my reply "okay" or " I know it's not your fault your hair is wrong but we are going to have to charge you 25 dollars to fix it" my reply "okay"... As I type this I am realizing this maybe more than numb or Divine patience; it has to be Divine intervention!

No comments:

Post a Comment